A Bench Grinder can be used for many purposes for Example grinding, sharpen, using in DIY applications, polishing, shaping any wood or metal material and can be used in other substances as well and depending upon the wheel grade.
This makes it must have power tool in the garage with so many variations and features it provides.
In this article, we will review the 5 best Bench Grinders to help you decide on what bench grinder to buy and which one is better for you by giving specifications and quick reviews to save your time.
Here is a quick table for top bench grinders.
Best Bench Grinder for 2021
|Product Name||Horse Power||Price|
|1. Jet 578008 1 hp 8 Industrial Bench Grinder||1.00||Check Price|
|2. DEWALT Bench Grinder, 8-Inch (DW758)||3/4||Check Price|
|3. WEN 4280 5-Amp 8-Inch Variable Speed Bench Grinder||3/4||Check Price|
|4. WEN 4276 2.1-Amp 6-Inch Bench Grinder||1/6||Check Price|
|5. DEWALT Bench Grinder, 6-Inch (DW756)||5/6||Check Price|
Here are the detailed features with pros and cons of all the top 5 best bench grinders to help you buy the best bench grinders from the market.
1. Jet 578008 1 hp 8 Industrial Bench Grinder
After some research, this became my favorite Bench Grinder from Jet.
Although it’s expensive then many available Bench grinders in the market.
But with price come good design, industrial quality, well built and features like Heavy-duty capacity motor which makes it best bench grinder for professional use as well as for home, for demanding environments and small tasks.
It’s pricey but it’s worth the extra money making it on top of our list.
- Voltage: 115 Volts
- Horse Power: 1.00
- Weight: 44 Pounds
- RPM: 3600
- CSA/CUS certified.
- Adjustable safety shields.
- There is also an option for lamp be sure to check that as well if you need it.
- Powerful Motor for heavy-duty uses as well
- Industrial built quality
- Fewer Vibrations as compared to other available bench grinders in the market.
- Expensive as compared to other models but is Quality.
2. DeWALT Bench Grinder, 8-Inch (DW758)
DeWALT is a well know and famous brand with having a good reputation in making a variety of tools.
Their product DEWALT Bench Grinder, 8-Inch (DW758) is also an amazing Bench grinder.
Having a 3/4 hp induction motor that runs at 3600 RPM makes it a powerful Bench Grinder to use.
Also, the 12-1/2-inch distance between wheels makes it fairly easy for longer grinding applications.
Powerful Features with a trusted Brand name makes it on #2 on our list of Best Bench Grinders.
Here is a list of features.
- Horse Power: 3/4 hp
- RPM: 3600
- Weight: 39.5 Pounds
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Adjustable safety shields.
- Easy to assemble
- Good Value for money
- A powerful Induction motor can handle many applications.
- Some users report defective design that causes a lot of vibrations but some don’t so be sure to contact the seller before buying it although not many complaints and is a good value for the given price.
3. WEN 4280 5-Amp 8-Inch Variable Speed Bench Grinder:
WEN is on #3 of our list of Top bench grinders.
This is an 8-inch model that gives more freedom and flexibility to do work and easily.
Having a 5 Amp Variable motor and around 3/4 HP makes it run from 2000 to 3400 RPM which makes it great for working.
Seriously at the given price this machine is a great bench grinder and making it best variable speed bench grinder at a given price point.
- Horsepower: 3/4 HP
- 5 Amp Variable motor
- RPM: 3400
- Weight: 41 Pounds
- Will do the job.
- Some users complain about wobbliness and vibrations but other than that it’s quite good.
4. WEN 4276 2.1-Amp 6-Inch Bench Grinder
WEN 4276 2.1-Amp 6-Inch Bench Grinder is also an amazing Grinder with a surprisingly lower price tag.
With fairly good induction motor of 3450 RPM, this is quite a good Bench grinder for workshops and ideal for normal home use whether its sharpening lawn mower blades or this will do your job.
And it’s lightweight as well makes it easy to move to different environments.
At this price point, it’s a decent Bench Grinder to work with.
- RPM: 3450 RPM
- Horse Power: Not mentioned
- Voltage: 110 Volts
- 2.1 Amp motor
- 2 Years Warranty
- Decent Bench Grinder at a lower price tag
- Good for normal use.
- 2 Years of warranty
- Some users report on the slow motor and underpowered.
- Normal quality but some reported having bad quality. (Be sure to stay in touch with the seller before purchasing)
5. DEWALT Bench Grinder, 6-Inch (DW756)
DEWALT Bench Grinder, 6-Inch (DW756) is a decent bench grinder with a low price and a decent 5/6 HP Induction motor which runs at 3450 RPM.
It’s a great value for money having decent features.
This product is in controversy for being too wobbly and vibrates a lot.
While there are negative comments about this there are positive as well where users loved this product at a decent price tag.
If you can do something about the wobble and vibration then this can be a great budget-friendly bench grinder for you.
- Horse Power: 5/6 HP
- RPM: 3450 RPM
- Volts: 120 V
- Inexpensive and budget-friendly
- Does the job
- Some users report on wobble and vibration.
I hope you found these details helpful but as for my recommendations if you want solid performance and powerful Bench grinder that can do the powerful job then Jet 578008 1 hp 8 Industrial Bench Grinder is a great choice also, DEWALT Bench Grinder, 8-Inch (DW758) is a cheaper and powerful option if you are on tight budget.
If you are looking for a decent budget bench grinder then WEN 4276 2.1-Amp 6-Inch Bench Grinder is a great option to consider. It will do your job easily and with a decent price tag.